Are you thinking about serving a classic caprese salad for your event? Since it's summer, why not upgrade a traditional Caprese salad to Caprese skewers? Well, it's super easy to make and, not to mention, perfectly healthy, too!
I will share a caprese skewers recipe perfect for summer entertainment in this blog. And what made this more interesting was the addition of watermelon! What better way to kick off sweet summertime than by having summer's favorite fruit in your favorite caprese recipe? Read on to learn how to make this fun, fresh party appetizer.
- Snack-sized fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Melon baller or knife
- Cutting board
- Bamboo skewers or toothpicks
- Step 1: If you have a melon baller, you can use it to create the watermelon balls for this recipe. If you don't have one, you can use a knife and slice a watermelon into ½ to 1-inch chunks.
- Step 2: Pick up your bamboo skewer or toothpick and start stacking.
- Step 3: Add the watermelon first, followed by your basil leaf, and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Step 4: Lay the skewers nicely on a serving platter and sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper to enhance flavor and add a bit of spice.
- Step 5: The skewers can be stored in your fridge for several hours before serving.
- Step 6: Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze before serving. Note that the glaze will seep into the watermelon, which may make it less appealing but still taste fantastic. You can choose to serve the balsamic glaze on the side instead of trickling over the skewers.
And there you have it, your delicious Caprese Skewers with Watermelon! The best part? Preparing will take little time, and you can even make this ahead! This appetizer is sure to spark conversation. Let us know if you've tried out this recipe!
Order a Happy Hour Box from Sara's Boxes & Boards to complete your event! We have decors for every occasion to bring your decorating vision to life so you can effortlessly pull off a fantastic party. Contact us today to order!
Note: Photo from domesticfits.com