If you love putting together a gorgeous charcuterie board for a party or holiday gathering, you've probably tried using different kinds of cheeses, meats, and fruits for your board. But have you ever considered giving that basic board a taco-inspired makeover? If not, now is the perfect time!
Ingredients For Your Taco Board
- Shells: On your taco charcuterie board, provide a variety of taco shells, such as hard shells, soft shells, and Bibb lettuce cups.
- Protein: You may use chicken, ground beef, turkey, carnitas, carne asada, black beans, or refried beans. Or, try a different protein like fish, shrimp, tofu, or lentils.
- Toppings: Go all out with extra toppings! Add shredded cheese, cotija cheese, lettuce, radishes, red onion, black olives, chopped cilantro, fresh jalapenos, lime wedges, and sour cream to your board.
- Sauces and salsas: Include all your favorite dips, such as pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, and hot sauce, to boost the flavor and spice up your tacos.
- Sides: Finally, offer sides like refried beans or sauteed corn to round out the meal.
Steps To Build Your Taco Board
- Grab your cheese board, or use a baking sheet or any big platter that can fit your ingredients. Then pull out your taco board ingredients to start your assembly.
- Cook and prepare your choice of proteins. Serve them in larger bowls and arrange them on the opposing ends of your board to maintain visual balance.
- Arrange the taco shells around the large bowls. You might only want to set out two different taco shell options as they will take up some space in your board. You can prepare extra shells in baskets beside your taco board for second helpings.
- Smaller bowls are perfect for your guacamole, sauces, and salsas—put fancy serving spoons to each. Add a variety of colorful toppings, such as cheese, jalapenos, and sliced pepper, to fill in the gaps.
And voila! You have your very own taco-inspired charcuterie board!
Decorate Your Taco Charcuterie Bar
Throw the best Taco Tuesday party with all the essentials to bring out the ultimate fiesta vibe! Order our Fiesta Happy Hour Box that guarantees minimal stress and maximum fun! This box includes plates (16), Napkins (20), food picks (10), fiesta photo props (10), a banner, and a margarita drink pouch. You can also order a custom charcuterie board to fill up your table and your taco board so your family and friends have many options to graze on.